CORNES was the first appointed agent in Japan for British Admiralty charts in 1957.
Since then, we have been continuously involved in the import and distribution of nautical charts and publications for more than 60 years through offices in the ports of Yokohama, Kobe and Singapore.
Today CORNES is here to help your voyage to be safe and efficient.
United Kingdom Hydrographic Office
POD (Print On Demand)
Other Hydrographic Offices
- CORNES distributes not only UKHO products but also plenty of products below;
- JHA (Japanese Hydrographic Association)
- Australian Hydrographic Service
- NGA (The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency)
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- Ocean Grafix
- Land Information New Zealand
- Canadian Hydrographic Service
Other Organization Products
- IMO (International Maritime Organization)
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive regulatory framework for shipping, IMO publishes some publications involved with safety, environmental concerns, legal matters, technical cooperation, maritime security and efficiency of shipping.
Ex) SOLAS, MARPOL, IMDG CODE
- ITU (International Telecommunication Union)
- ITU coordinates the shared global use of the radio spectrum, promotes international cooperation in assigning satellite orbits, works to improve telecommunication infrastructure in the developing world, and assists in the development and coordination of worldwide technical standards.
Ex) List IV (List of Coast Stations and Special Service Stations)
List V (List of Ship Stations and Maritime Mobile Service Identity Assignments)
Maritime Manual (Manual for Use by the Maritime Mobile and Maritime Mobile-Satellite Services)
- ILO (International Labour Organization)
- Publications regarding labour issues, particularly international labour standards and work opportunities for ships crew.
Ex) ILO Maritime Labour Convention, Accident Prevention On Board ship at Sea and in Port.
- Witherby Seamanship
- Witherby Seamanship is a British publisher in Witherby Publishing Group. They publish and work with IMO, OCIMF, INTERTANKO and ISF/ICS
Ex) Effective Mooring OCIMF, ECDIS Procedures Guide, Passage Planning Guide Malacca & Singapore Straits
- Shipping Guides
- Shipping Guides is a specialist in publishing port, harbour and terminal information to assist with various commercial port entry requirements
Ex) Guide to Port Entry, The Ships Atlas, FindaportCD